Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Crash

Last night Billy and Camden went for a bike ride.
Yes, I insisted on it.
I was making diner and had two hungry boys who needed
to get out of the house for a while.

About ten minutes later I hear them outside.
So I went out to see why they were back so quickly.

This is what I found.
(if you look closely you will see all the scum and mud on Cam and his bike)
Here is what I am told happened.

Camden decided to go as fast as he could.
Lost control.
Went off the sidewalk.
Through the grass.
Over a retention wall.
Over his handle bars.
Didn't let go of his new bike.
Then he and his bike landed in the NASTY, FULL, retention pond.
Both proceeded to sink to the bottom.
Then come to the top and yell,
"Dad, I'm going to die!!"
Billy goes in and pulls both Camden and the bike out.


Both are home.
No broken bones.
And as they were riding home Camden proclaimed,
"Dad, that was awesome!" 
                                       (note to self : cost for swimming lessons well worth it)








No comments: