Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Slow fade.


I knew it was coming and have been waiting on it. 
This new found feeling I have had has been hanging around longer than it usually does.
This feeling of greatness.
Of loving myself.
Been waiting on it to start to fade.
I have been wondering when I would start to feel this way.
If I would start to feel this way...
and here it is.


The feeling of failure.

Even though I know I am doing very well with my weight loss.
Even though I know I am on the right path.
Even though I know I am beautiful and wonderful.
I am starting to not know it.
My heart is starting to second guess my head.
These are the thoughts that usually cause me to give up.
This time I WILL get past it...
I have to or I will fail at this.
I cant fail at this. 
I wont fail at this.

2 comments:

Lydia Shannon said...

Elly, I have this same feeling all the time. You've been doing amazing. I had a total breakdown on night feeling exactly like you do. Somedays I still feel it. I actually blogged a video about it. One where I was crying which was a first for me to blog. You can do it. You ARE doing it! One of my favorite verses is Philippians 4:6-7. Most people focus on verse 6 but I am comforted by verse 7 the most. I love to think about the peace of God guarding my heart and mind. That's exactly what you need right now! Keep going!!!!

Elly said...

Thanks Lydia. I have done a bunch of vlogs but cant figure out how to post them on here.
Going to go read that verse right now. Thanks for being such a great friend!luv ya!